Sunday, October 20, 2013

Unfortunately, I work also and have been too busy to write.  But the floor in the mud room is pretty much done.  The Self-Leveling Compound (SLC)  was not as easy as expected.  It did not seek its own level enough to really level the floor and in the end I figure out how to use it.

A.  Measure the high and low points with a flat edge (or level) and mark the topography on the floor.  Then selectively fill in the low areas.  after that sets and you want it more level use the slc on the whole floor.  Otherwise the gaims are to small because the fast set and significant viscosity ad hieht to the high ponts as well as the low.  Granted not equally but notadequately to flatten.

B feather the edges. because of the viscoxity, i had 1/8th inch at the end of the fill in slc and using a putty knife to feather the edge makes a better transition.

The floor was put in by a carpenter, I just need to do the molding.
Today I did cleaning and looked at BR 2.  I now have a plan for BR2. I have cleaned out the mold.  The residual black is some ancient water proofing of this exterior wall with asphalt like material In aany case my plan is to place cement board or hardie backboard to patch the previous cement  and reinstall if possible.  If I need to use ononmatching I will just pain the surround like in BR 1
After cleaning the mess in the garage I fixed a switch and light  fixture in BR1.  Next will be soaking the previous tiled.

I also started scraping the garage door with the wagner painteater.  I great tool.  The weather is pretty cold ( less than 50 F)  CSo i will use oil based paint.  More prep here.'

Till next time.  I am hoping to continue to do more fussy stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment