Sunday, October 13, 2013

Today was busy....
Tried t.o smooth the floor of the mudroom with self-levelig again. I used three bags,  I was super fast but not as good as two people.  I set up the water and the bags and zoomed the mixing drill. Last night I ground down some previous high points.  Today I made a spreader with a half inch clearance and wore plastic bags over my shoes so I could get into the mess and also spread gently with some pvc pipe.

It looks better but

I feel that the stuff does not self level very well and is like a thick coat everywhere.  I am not sure if I made any progress.  I will check with my long straight edge.  I have pretty much given up for now and hope it will be OK for the floating laminate floor. I have a contractor I can discuss this with coming on Wednesday

My big move today was picking up a big barrel sized garbage can, It helped me clean up the mess around the house.  I also cleaned up painting, drywall and general tools.

I also did more sanding of my drywall patch... I am ready to prime and paint.  I need to review my paint status it has been months and the paint may be ruined...perhaps I can strain out the skim if I find it.  I also plan to clean up the door and scrape the garage door.

I cleaned out the molded wall board in the second bathroom.  I will need to get off some more tile that has no backing now and is held by mortar.  I have wanted to maintain the tile.  But if not I will paint the surround with epoxy paint transformation stuff, like the pink bathroom #1.  The problem area is very dry. since I shut off the toilet (I will really need to inspect that later) I got the ugly condensed black insulation and am down to the studs and rock lath of the old house and the framing in the addition part.  I sprayed it down nicely and I am thinking about sanding the studs with black and grinding the concrete. The margins look good.  The sources of moisture are either the old roof leak or the toilet.  The roof is fixed and I am not sure about the toilet I will need to study the internet to figure it out.  it is wall mounted 1950s american standard.

Need to get the old fridge from the kitchen into the garage.

Meanwhile at home I fixed a simple light fixture

Then I did overdue dictations at the hospital

Finally, we saw the captain..Hanks and the weirdo pirates were great but the movie so-so.  Too long

I will try to add pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment